Here at Eat the Frog Fitness Chapel Hill, we live, eat and breathe fitness and healthy habits everyday. If the year 2020 has taught us anything, it’s placed an important and bright spotlight on embracing a healthier lifestyle by incorporating fitness and nutrition in your day-to-day regimen. The first step may seem to be the hardest but it doesn’t have to be, (and it’s well worth it). If boosting immunity, minimizing depression, improving heart & lung function, improving energy and enhancing your life overall is of interest to you… read on and call our studio for a fitness assessment and free session to get started.
Embrace the Basics of Nutrition & Fitness – Here we go, and they aren’t as difficult to adopt as you may think.
1. Avoid overeating and excessive snacking (especially on empty calories from common items such as juice, chips, etc.)
2. Reach for more whole foods and natural foods (eliminate pre-packaged foods as much as possible).
3. Get 8 hours of sleep. Place the importance of relaxation near the top of your list as it’s important for immunity, muscle recovery, mood, antiaging and stress management.
4. Don’t crash diet or restrict calories. They can wreak havoc on your metabolism and health.
5. Stop obsessing over the number of calories you burn, learn the value of strength and cardio workouts (which are equally valuable, yet play different roles in burning calories and fat or building muscle).
6. Stop stepping on the scale daily – your weight fluctuates resulting from what you eat, how much, what time you eat, how often you go to the bathroom, how much water you drink, how much salt you consume, and how much sleep you get at night. This is especially important to remember as you build more muscle (because you will!), as muscle weighs more than fat and it looks better on you.
Don’t ignore your body’s signals.
Recovery is just as important as exercise. Eat the Frog Chapel Hill incorporates recovery into every fitness session (both in-studio sessions and ETF on-the-go workouts). Stretch, use a foam roller, give your body the time it needs to recover to see improvement and avoid injury.
Give yourself a rest day.
Muscle growth occurs when you let your body rest. By training daily or more than once a day, you keep your body in a perpetual state of muscle breakdown (which happens when you exercise properly). Without rest, you are continuously losing muscle, never building it.
Fitness and nutrition can provide an exciting new element to your quality of life. At Eat the Frog Fitness Chapel Hill, we’ll introduce you to exciting workout sessions that burn fat, shed excess weight, build muscle tone and will elevate your mood and confidence. Our certified coaches will help you discover (or rediscover) nutritious foods and deliciously healthy recipes that provide energy and balance in your day-to-night life no matter how busy you are.
Ask about our Frog Fit program and member perks for results you can see and feel, both inside and out.
For more information, an online or in person tour of our studio, call or email us at (919) 428-2012 email@example.com.
89 S Elliott Road, Suite 155
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514 www.etfchapelhill.com